Saturday, February 14, 2009

Snowboard Lesson - Powder Riding

If there's one thing I love about snowboarding, then it would be have to be laying a fresh line down on fresh snow ... not just any snow ... crisp, dry, fluffy back-country powder snow. The smile it puts on my face, looking back up the slope I've just ridden down with my mate, is one of pure ecstasy. Laying down that perfect arc into deep powder gives a true feeling of accomplishment and I know that without that snowboard lesson that arc wouldn't look that perfect... In fact, it would probably have meant me in a heap at the bottom of the slope and rag-doll marks, from the entry point to the slope, all the way down, ruining that pristine slice of natures' beauty.
While its more than fine, if not fun (sometimes), to take a tumble in deep powder, knowing that by taking a simple snowboard lesson I would be able to lay down something of beauty (the perfect arc) is far more appealing. It would look great in a photo shot or in a video
So get that snowboard lesson and you'll be charging down the deep slopes and laying down the perfect arc too.
Mantra: There are no friends on a powder day!

1 comment: